- fixes a bug in WPdb.pm to correctly handle the '!' modifier when referencing
numeric keys (ie, !0 should generate 'id != 0" and not as previously "NOT id = 0").
- added -logg to LIBS in Configure.pl.
- also collapse "Beastie Boys" into "The Beastie Boys" or vice-versa
(depending on which we see first).
- bugfixes related to "The Clash", "Clash, The" misfeature. as a bonus
it now collapses all case permutations to one artist (ie, all of "The Clash",
"Clash, The", "clash, the", "the clash" and "clash" etc. combine to a single artist entry).
- added a unix timestamp to the cache (in order to pick up modified id3 tags
on existing mp3s).
- sort 'The Clash' as 'Clash, The' (still displays in cache as 'The Clash').
- missed some semicolons in rhea.c when not using MD5 (doh)
so mkwebplay_* have been modified not to.
- fixed a bug where perl 5.005 under freebsd 4.7 would require that a
umask be specified for a mkdir() call. weird.
- --- above this line is CVS only ---
- 1.03 - 12/15/2002
- support for MacOS X.2 (Jaguar) server-side (see FAQ).
- bug fix in wpdb_dircrawler where masks would ignore ogg files.
- send compressed xml to the java client for significantly faster load times.
- skins (untar the new misc/icons.tar.gz and point your browser at $cgiurl/wp_skins.cgi).
- bundled apache installation notes (README.APACHE).
- merged getsong/getplaylist.cgi into rhea.cgi.
- fixed wp_remote.
- (a) - 12/15/2002
- 1.02 - 11/25/2002
- pls_list.cgi, pls_browser.cgi and wpdb_dircrawler were missing a "use WPmkweb" that
caused them to break when they tried to read an id3 tag.
- (b) - 11/26/2002
- java client can now select on regex. also Nic.
- stream any file in the repository (mp3/ogg) as an Ogg-Vorbis or mp3
stream at any bitrate.
- Ogg-Vorbis files as source. the playlist_repo can be any combination of
mp3 and Ogg-Vorbis files. thanks to Nic Simonds for the MP3::Info-style Ogg-Vorbis interface.
- (a) - 11/25/2002
- 1.01 - 03/04/2002
to be null when using mkwebplay_id3. thanks to Tommy Wareing.
- (b) - 05/22/2002
- updated for Xerces 2.0.0 release.
possible fix for browser mistargetting (aka "browser funny
business") of the controller window. much thanks to Keith
is worth the update.
- webplay.cgi no longer requires an XML parser (it will try for
much faster on slower machines - this fills a long overdue request.
- webplay.java takes command-line arguments for -s urlStub -u username
-p password -m /path/to/mp3player.
- kludged over a situation where MP3::Info returned bitgoop causing
xerces (the java xml parser) to misfire resulting in the java client
being unable to parse the mp3 cache. rebuild your id3 db by running
mkwebplay_dir/id3 with the -z option or repopulate your database (also -z).
- (a) - 03/04/2002
- 1.00 - 11/25/2001
- added edit and delete playlists via java.
- now under the BSD license.
- initial import of the java client. almost all of the features are
done (only edit and delete playlists are still missing). requires
java 1.3 and will run as either an applet or a stand-alone application.
- 0.98 - 10/11/2001
- set defaults with filemasks (see README.MASKS)
- webplay_cache is now XML (new requirements - see INSTALL) and located in
$docspath (in url space).
- add songs to the playlist via regex. thanks to Nic Simonds.
- 0.97 - 06/10/2001
- .wpdb_password works correctly on unpacked entries
- repo_cleaner.pl can now clean playlists of stale mp3s
- minor bugfixes
- schema change (sorry) - you'll probably have to rebuild your database.
i needed to have the referential constraint on the song table point to
the id on the album table rather than the non-unique album. doh.
- extended m3u playlists (song info before you play) - so far winamp only.
- general-use (netscape or others?) helper app (replaces mxaudio_hack)
- md5 authentication of the streamer cgi's (unfortunately, most mp3 players
can't authenticate by the usual means). authenticate the bulk via the web
server, and this takes care of the rest. thanks to Todd Brennan for
ideas and crypto help. see README.AUTH.
- email notification of new mp3s. (for instance, i have mkwebplay_dir in a
crontab, this mails me when it finds something new, thanks to Nic Simonds -
he gave me actual code!).
- database password keychain & global password file. keeps the password
out of the cgi and allows diferent users different passwords (for read/write,
read-only table access).
- misc/playlist2cd.pl - given a playlist, download the mp3s convert them to wav
and burn a CD. requires lynx, lame and cdrecord.
- allow mono, joint-stereo and stereo modes when streaming with lame.
- at least obfuscate the database password.
- getsong/playlist.cgi create $playlist_repo/mqtmp if needed.
- fixed a bug where SQL updates with postgres would sometimes fail.
- fixed a bug where a rewind on the second song while looping would skip
past the first song to the last.
- 0.96 - 04/17/2001
- install-dbextras target, browser icon, wp_info errors better.
- PostgreSQL support.
- 0.95 - 03/02/2001
- macos browser kludge.
- mkwebplay_* creates playlist.1 (aliased as 'all') a playlist containing all songs.
- bugfix to getplaylist.c/getsong.c; if $playlist_repo/mqtmp did not exist
and the bitrate was Native both programs would dump core. should not have
affected most people since not having mqtmp is itself an error.
- bugfix to mkwebplay_dir relating to filemasks.
- Fcntl bugfix for errors creating id3_cache.
- new program, mkwebplay_id3 operates similiar to misc-db/dircrawler.pl, but
replaces the old mkwebplaycache (which means it writes the cache, not to
the database). it finds all the mp3s in $pathto and tries to categorize
them all based upon their id3 tags and an optional (but highly recommended) filemask.
no directory structure needed at all.
- filemasks, information taken from an mp3's path (in addition to the normal id3 tags)
can be used to create the database or cache files.
- retooled to MP3::Info for id3 v2 tags.
- id3 tags & song length info are cached to a dbm. playlist window now displays the
length of the playlist, and the progress if applicable.
- 0.94 - 02/01/2001
- Localisation hooks for some of the html through WPlocal.pm. let me know if you have any
specific places you want to customize.
- Configure.pl understands dependencies and skips checking things that are not needed. thanks
to nic for making fun of me until i fixed it.
- progress meters in pls_list.cgi (no comment) - requires that two new icons from misc/icons.tar.gz
- 0.93 - 01/12/2001
- pls_browser.cgi can now launch controller windows.
- dynamically generated pull down playlist menus.
- configurable max_clients.
- pls_browser.cgi to browse, edit, delete, & name existing playlists, FAQ.
- 0.92 - 12/17/2000
- icecast style streamnames.
- mysql demo to crawl through directories and add files by id3 tags.
- 0.91 - 11/13/2000
- 1 or N URLs per mpegurl playlist.
- 0.90 - 11/02/2000